Home -> information -> China visa application
Useful information

China visa application
A China visa is permission/proof issued by Chinese visa issuing authorities permitting foreigners entry to, exit from or transit through China. According to foreignersí» status, their purposes for coming to China and the passport type, the Chinese visa issuing authorities may separately issue them the diplomatic visa, courtesy visa, service visa or ordinary visa. For the ordinary visa, there are eight categories, separately represented by eight Chinese phonetic letters (C, D, F, G, J-1, J-2, L, X, Z) as the visa code.
C Visa (Crewmember Visa): Issued to crewmembers on international aviation, navigation and land transportation missions and their accompanying family members.
D Visa (Residence Visa): Issued to foreigners who are going to live in China permanently.
F Visa (Business/Visit Visa): Issued to foreigners who are invited to China for a visit, research, lecture, business, scientific-technological and cultural exchanges or short-term advanced studies or intern practice for a period of less than six months.
G Visa (Transit Visa): Issued to those people who transit through China.
L Visa (Tourist Visa): Issued to those who enter China temporarily for touring, family visiting or other personal affairs (multiple-entry is not granted for this category).
X Visa (Study/Student Visa): Issued to foreigners who come to China for study or intern practice for a period of six months or above.
Z Visa (Work Visa): Issued to foreigners who are to take up a post or employment in China, and their accompanying family members.
J Visa (Journalist Visa)
J-1 Visa issued to foreign journalists who are posted to China for at least one year.
J-2 Visa issued to foreign journalists who are on temporary assignment in China.
The Chinese visa issuing authorities refer to the Chinese embassies, the general consulates and other organizations authorized by The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China stationed abroad. If a foreigner wants to enter or transit through China, he should go to
the above-mentioned Chinese visa issuing authorities to apply for the required visa.
The crew and the passengers on airplane who transit through China by direct flying without leaving the airport and their staying time at the transit airports in China is less than 24 hours will not require a transit visa.
When transiting through China via Shanghai Pudong or Hongqiao Airport and staying in Shanghai less than 48 hours, the transit visa also is not required so long as you are the national citizen of following countries: South Korea, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Austria and Greece. Remember that you do require a valid passport, the visa to your target country, and the booked city-by-city airplane tickets, whose date and seats have already be confirmed.
The ordinary passport possessors who come from Singapore, Brunei and Japan are required non-visa for their business, travel, visit or transit, but they should leave China within 15 days of their arrival day to China.
The basic procedure and necessary materials should be prepared and fulfilled for Chinese visa are:
1. Your valid passport (or other credentials which can be a proof instead of your passport);
2. Fill in the visa application form and hand over a recent 2-inch (4cmX 6cm)full-face bareheaded half-length photo;
3. Pay for the visa expense.